- 2022 - current Post-doctoral researcher, Center for Nuclear Energy in Agriculture, University of São Paulo
- 2021 - Ph.D. in Genetics and Molecular Biology, University of Campinas (UNICAMP) - read my thesis (in English)
- 2018 - M.Sc. in Genetics and Molecular Biology, UNICAMP - read my dissertation (in Portuguese)
- 2015 - Bachelor in Biological Sciences, São Paulo State University (UNESP) - read my final project (in Portuguese)
Selected relevant publications
- Zuvanov, Garcia, Correr, Bizarria Jr et al. … Santos (2021). In this manuscript, we describe the organization of the Brazilian Python Workshop for Biological Data.
- Santos et al. … Rokas (2021). Identification of sites under positive selection in genes involved in antifungal resistance in Aspergillus section Fumigati.
- Santos et al. … Rokas (2020). Analysis of genomic and phenotypic heterogeneity in three Aspergillus species, including two cryptic species.
- Santos et al. … Riaño-Pachón (2017). In this manuscript we describe ploidyNGS, a software to visually exploit ploidy using Next Generation Sequencing data.
- Best poster presentation at the “Simpósio dos Pós-graduandos do CENA” (Biology) (2022)
- Member of team of winning contributors of 2018 ISCB Wikipedia Competition, International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB) and WikiProject Computational Biology
- Member of the eLife Community Ambassadors programmee 2022-2023
Initiatives in Education
- 2017 - 2022: Brazilian Python Workshop for Biological Data
- 2021 - 2022: Python Workshop for Microbiology Data
- 2022 - 2022: Python Workshop for Plant Biology Data
- 2022 - 2022: Introduction to Python programming for bioscientists at the ISMB conference.
Computer Science Skills
- Python (7 years): intermediary (exploratory data analysis; numpy, pandas, matplotlib, seaborn, plotly)
- Perl: intermediary (data wrangling and regular expression)
- R: intermediary (exploratory data analysis)
- SQL: beginner
- Julia: beginner
OS and versioning
- Git: intermediary (on github/gitlab/bitbucket)
- Linux: intermediary (10 years)